Do you have sensitive skin? It’s a question that might be more difficult to answer than you think. Even though it’s common, sensitive skin isn’t a medical diagnosis by itself. If you’re prone to rashes, sunburn easily, or notice your skin becomes itchy, flaky, and dry when exposed to perfumes or skincare products, you likely have sensitive skin. For patients considering treatments such as microneedling or laser skin resurfacing at our Guelph, ON, practice, we recommend alternative procedures.
The state-of-the-art skin rejuvenation treatments offered at deRMA Skin Institute include several that are appropriate for patients with sensitive skin. In this blog post, we’ll feature 5 of the best gentle in-office treatments that can still address your skin concerns.
- Bela MD microdermabrasion—If you’re thinking about a salicylic acid peel, try Bela MD microdermabrasion instead. Bela MD’s diamond microdermabrasion exfoliates the skin, extracting dead skin cells that clog pores. It also primes the skin for an infusion of various serums that address multiple concerns without irritating the skin. Certain serums are formulated to soothe the skin and improve its texture and tone.
- Pixel RF—One of the hottest trends in skin rejuvenation right now is microneedling combined with radiofrequency energy, such as the Morpheus8 treatment. Microneedling, as its name implies, creates micro-wounds in the skin to stimulate new collagen production. RF enhances the treatment by adding thermal energy. Microneedling, however, is often too irritating for sensitive skin. We recommend RF minus the microneedling, with Pixel RF’s fractional technology creating controlled injuries that prompt the healing process to produce new collagen and elastin with minimal downtime.
- ClearLift™—There is little question that fractional C02 laser skin resurfacing is the gold standard for reversing signs of aging, minimizing scars, or improving sun-damaged skin. But it is an aggressive treatment that people with sensitive skin don’t tolerate well. A ClearLift provides some of the same benefits without the downtime, peeling, or flakiness of C02 lasers. ClearLift is safe for all skin types and works well for patients with sensitive skin.
- DyeVL—Patients with sensitive skin who want to treat a range of complexion issues, such as overall redness, rosacea, and broken capillaries, are great candidates for pulsed dye lasers such as the DyeVL. It’s an excellent alternative to YAG laser treatments that are often used to treat these conditions. The DyeVL is an innovative technology that takes intense pulsed light treatments to another level.
- Evolve Tite—If you want to tighten loose skin on the body with a non-invasive treatment, Evolve Tite uses radiofrequency energy to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. This produces smoother, tighter skin and when combined with other features of the Evolve body contouring system, improves the body’s contours.
Our skincare experts meet with patients in a one-on-one personal consultation to evaluate the tone and texture of their skin, including discussing their history of any reactions they’ve had to treatments that might indicate they have sensitive skin. Because we have such a wide range of treatment options, we can customize a treatment plan that’s ideal for your specific skin type. You can use the online form to request a consultation or call us at (519) 836-8558 to schedule an appointment.